Coronavirus COVID-19 Branch Update
Earthmover Credit Union is committed to serving you and the community. Starting June 1st, 2020, branches will be open to serve our members by appointment only. Members needing to conduct teller transactions are encouraged to use the drive-up or our digital solutions services. To make an appointment, you will find an appointment option on our homepage starting Monday, June 1st, 2020.
- Open an account
- Fraud paperwork
- Large cash withdrawal
- Count loose change
- Loan requests
- Withdraw money
- Deposit a check
- Request a vehicle sticker
- Money orders
- Cashier checks
We do please ask that you help keep our staff and others safe by following these guidelines when inside ECU branches:
- To enter a branch, wearing a mask is required and you must have an appointment.
- We will continue to reinforce social distancing at all locations and request that only members conducting their banking transactions enter our branches. Please keep your party to 2 people.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home and use our digital services for your banking needs.
- Due to social distancing, there will be reduced staff inside branches, this may make your wait times longer. We ask that you please stay in your car, until your appointment time.
Drive-Up and Call Center Hours of Operations
Oswego Branch: 9am-5pm
Aurora Branch: 9am-5pm
Montgomery Branch: 9am-5pm
Yorkville Branch: 9am-5pm
Call Center: 9am-5pm
North Aurora: CLOSED
Oswego Branch: 9am-12:30pm
Aurora Branch: 9am-12:30pm
Montgomery Branch: 9am-12:30pm
Yorkville Branch: 9am-12:30pm
Call Center: 9am-12:30pm
North Aurora: CLOSED
We offer self-service banking with 24/7 account access through our mobile, online and MARS (Member Audio Response System) telephone banking services.
- Check Balances
- Transfer Funds
- Deposit checks
- Apply for a loan
- Pay Bills
Get started today! For online banking, enroll here!
Download our Mobile App today!
We are Here to Help
We are ready to work with those negatively affected by this outbreak and are experiencing financial difficulty. Click here to
review our COVID-19 hardship assistance. If you are looking for additional help we are prepared to offer assistance, as needed, through a range of measures. If you need assistance at all, please contact us at 630.844.4950.
Again, as this continues to evolve, we will communicate any changes to our plans. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. We wish you and your family good health.
For additional guidance and precautions, refer to the following websites:
- CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) www.cdc.gov
- ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH | www.dph.illinois.gov | 24/7 Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
*Some restrictions apply. Only valid for fixed rate consumer loans.